- Independent growth tests confirm Magic Dirt™ equal to or better than leading brands
- For use indoors, outdoors, in containers and mixed with gardens soils
- Can be used to grow flowering plants, vegetables and herbs without any added ingredients.
- Certified as Premium Potting Soil by Mulch and Soil Council
- Certified under USDA’s BioPreferred Program as 100% BioBased (all organic ingredients)
- Certified for use in organic production by State of Idaho
- Certified organic by the Organics Materials Review Institute (OMRI)
- More than three times the naturally occurring nutrients found in similar products at no additional cost
- Long fiber lengths hold three times its dry weight in water without peat moss or other additives
- pH: 6.5 – 7
Nutrient Comparison of Organic Potting Soils:
|Total Nitrogen (N)
|Available Phosphate (P2O5)
|Soluble Potash (K2O)
Information regarding the contents and levels of metals in Magic Dirt is available at
- Primary ingredient is anaerobically digested organic farm waste, heat treated for 20 days in an air-tight oxygen-free vessel that converts part of the waste to methane gas, leaving a clean odor free fiber that can be used to replace the peat moss and combined with other natural ingredients to create a premium potting mix. The fiber mixture is not compost, but rather a fluffy rich growing medium.
- The methane gas captured during the process is used to generate renewable energy.
- For each cubic yard of Magic Dirt used in place of peat moss, the release of about one ton of greenhouse gas is avoided (by bogs not being harvested).
- Exclusive use of DVO, Inc. patented Two-Stage Mixed Plug Flow™ anaerobic digester ensures highest quality of fiber.
- Ingredients are 100% sustainable, and the bag is recyclable.